Friday, December 23, 2011

New Years Resolutions

After twenty four years of accumulating idiosyncrasies and fears, I've finally decided to not let them fester anymore, but attempt to thoughtfully (re)consider them. Each of them responds to a specific fear and while I'll expound on each in more detail, here's a rough list.

1. Read 12 Christian books. Solid affirming tenements and bulwarks of the Christian faith and doctrine.

2. Learn to drive a stick shift.

3. Get my UK driver's license.

4. Paint 3 pictures, one using oils, one acrylics, and one waters.

5. Form successful working habits for my doctorate and become proud of my work.

6. Write two short stories.

7. Read 3 works of poetry.

8. Develop firmer habits of self-reflection.

9. Languages: better my Latin and begin French.

10. Watch all the James Bond films

11. Read 60 books

12. Climb Arthur's seat every day for a week; and then once a week for a month

13. Form lovely handwriting

14. Go to Iceland

15. Attend my first conference

16. Give an academic paper.

17. Form habits regarding back care: especially yoga.

18. Dance. Dance classes.

No comments: