Friday, August 3, 2012

A Cornish Dog



who dunnit?








------
Just loving having a dog around. I think I would work much better on my graduate degree if I had a faithful dog by my feet.  In fact, I have worked better.  I've been practically a force of nature when it comes to getting work done this week.  In the midst of this, the dog learned how to escape from the iron gate courtyard, thrown up three times, eaten anything we drop on the floor within 30 seconds, and managed to get past Fran's barricades and sneak upstairs to sleep on the lushly thick carpet on the center of the floor. He pushed me off that rope swing (that you see Fran on-- he just wanted to play!) and howls when I don't pet him.  He climbs on rocks just as if he had two legs, and is brave: he's had two very bad falls off rocks that have scared us both.  He also loves a swim when the fancy takes him. Every morning he greets me like I was the best thing on earth and faithfully sits within a two metre vicinity of me, usually on top of my feet.  Life is just better with a dog.

3 comments:

Abby said...

AMEN to all that! Loved these photos.

Unknown said...

I particularly liked the Who dunnit? picture. Very funny.

JAM said...

Well Dogs are somewhat of a comfort... although at times their zeal for attention gets annoying...When they are gone ... you miss them