Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Back in Durham




Monday evening I left good ol NC and journeyed to England yet again. I've been greeted by lots and lots of snow!The flight was unnervingly short.  On my way TO America, it took ages, but on my way back, I watched two films, and BOOM, we were there. I hardly had time to sleep. I am resolved, whether right or not, that it feels like you're travelling faster when going the same direction the earth turns.  So, if I had to fly to Singapore, I'd rather go through Abu Dhabi, than through LAX.

I spent four hours in Kings Cross looking at pigeons with mangled toes. Most of them were missing appendages on their right leg.  It was hard to look away. I boarded my train, and saw fields and fields dusted with snow flash past. I finally arrived and its nice to be back, esp. to Indy and Felix. It is now -10 C and I hope they aren't too cold!

I woke up this morning trying to get all, everything done, only to be hit by jet lag at 10 am. How does that happen after a full night's rest?! I'll hope to upload feasts of photos soon, of all the splendor of being home (and being back).

No comments: